Below are the HondaJet specifications and dimensions for the light jet. Our team has complied data on the aircraft from publications by the Honda Aircraft Company and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The HondaJet is technically known as the Honda HA-420 or the Honda Aircraft HA-420. The below specifications and dimensions are the Honda HA-420 specifications also.
- Manufacturer Serial Numbers: 42000011 and up
- Operation Types: Day/Night Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and Day/Night Instrument Flight Rules (IFR)
- FAA Type Certificate Application Date: October 11, 2006
- Type Certificate Issued: December 8, 2015
- FAA Type Certificate Number: A00018AT
- Produced under Production Certificate No. 348, dated July 8, 2016
- Capable of being flown by one pilot and no copilot or first officer.
- For single pilot operations, the following equipment must be operational and available: Autopilot and FAA Approved Quick Reference Handbook (HJ1-29000-007), Volumes 1 and 2.
Honda HondaJet Dimensions
Height: 14.90 feet or 4.54 meters
Length: 42.62 feet or 12.99 meters
Wing Span: 39.76 feet or 12.12 meters
HondaJet Interior Dimensions
Cabin Height: 4.83 feet or 1.47 meters
Cabin Width: 5.00 feet or 1.52 meters
Cabin/Interior Length: 17.80 feet or 5.43 meters
Above is a photo of the Honda HondaJet Dimensions shown on the aircraft. The base/original photo is by Marc Lacoste on Wikimedia Commons. FlyRadius has added the dimensions to the photo. FlyRadius has also enhanced the photo for quality purposes. The HondaJet photo is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
HondaJet Specifications Lavatory - Bathroom
- Full lavatory
- Flushing HondaJet toilet (externally serviceable)
- Black marble vanity with blue colored sink/washbasin
- Coat and magazine storage areas
Baggage Compartment Specifications
Front Nose Compartment
- 9 cubic feet of space. Accessible from the outside.
- 57 cubic feet of space. Accessible from the outside.
Maximum Baggage Loading Weights:
- Forward Compartment: 100 lbs (F-Sta 54.5)
- Aft Compartment: 400 lbs (F-Sta 328.4)
- Luggage Valet: 50 lbs (F-Sta 162.6)
HondaJet Performance Specifications
- Maximum Cruise speed at 30,000 feet: 422 KTAS
- Maximum Operating Altitude / Max Ceiling / Service Ceiling: 43,000 feet mean sea level (MSL) or Flight Level 430
- Maximum Takeoff Field/Airport Elevation: 10,000 feet MSL.
- Rate of Climb: 3,990 feet per minute
- Operating Temperature Limitations: 55°C and -40°C (Starting)
- Range: 1,223 nautical miles or 1407.40 statute miles, or 2265 kilometers. (NBAA IFR with 4 persons onboard the aircraft.)
VMO Maximum Operating Speed: 270 KIAS
MMO Maximum Mach Operating Speed: 0.72 Mach
VA Maneuvering: 220 KIAS
VMCA Minimum Control Speed
- Flaps Up: 105 KIAS
- Flaps TO/APPR (Takeoff/Approach): 100 KIAS
VMCL Minimum Control Speed Landing Configuration
- Flaps LDG (Landing): 95 KIAS
VFE (Flaps Extended) / VFO
- Flaps TO/APPR (Takeoff/Approach): 200 KIAS
- Flaps LDG (Landing): 160 KIAS
VLE (Landing Gear Extended) /VLO (Landing Gear Operation): 200 KIAS
VTIRE Max Tire Ground Speed: 165 knots
Takeoff and Landing Distances
- HondaJet Takeoff Distance: Less than 4,000 feet
- HondaJet Landing Distance: Less than 3,050 feet
HondaJet Engine Specifications
Manufacturer / Model: GE Honda HF-120-H1A (2 engines mounted on top of both wings)
Thrust Output: 2,050 pounds of force (lbf) for each engine.
Bypass ratio: 2.9
Notes for thrust limits: Power management de-rated minimum static thrust ratings at sea level and 77°F/25°C with no installation losses.
Maximum Takeoff Thrust: 2037 pounds of thrust or pounds of force (lbf)
Maximum Continuous Thrust: 1922 pounds of thrust or lbf
Takeoff Limit: N1 Fan: 100.0% (19,055 RPM) Interstage Turbine Temperature (ITT): 860°C (*) N2 Turbine: 100.9% (49,200 RPM)
Max Continuous Limit: N1 Fan 100.0% (19,055 RPM) ITT: 860°C (*) N2 Turbine: 100.9% (49,200 RPM)
ITT are displayed limits and not actual temperature values.
* Maximum Transient for 2 minutes is 855°C.
Fuel: Jet A, Jet A-1, JP-8, and PRC No. 3 Jet Fuel
Fuel Capacity: 430.7 US Gallons Total (F-Sta 263.5). 423.9 US gallons of usable fuel. 6.8 US gallons are unusable.
Oil Tank Capacity for each engine tank: Max Oil Level at the full line: 4.99 quarts (F-Sta 320.0) 2.64 quarts Usable, 2.35 quarts are unusable.
- Maximum Ramp Weight: 10,680 pounds (lbs)
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 10,600 pounds (lbs)
- Maximum Landing Weight: 9,860 pounds (lbs)
- Maximum Zero Fuel Weight: 8,800 pounds (lbs)
HondaJet Passengers Configurations: 1 crew plus 5 passengers. Optional configuration: 1 crew plus 6 passengers. One passenger sits in the copilot’s seat in both configurations. A copilot can be added, which will reduce the passenger count by one.
Number of Seats: 7 Seat Maximum (Includes pilot or pilots and crew members).
Total Baggage Compartment Storage: 66 cubic feet
Other Names For the HondaJet
- Honda Aircraft HA-420: The HondaJet is officially known as the HA-420. Aviation regulators use the name HA-420 to identify the aircraft. The HA-420 dimensions and specifications are listed here.
- Honda HDJT: HDJT is the 4 place alphanumeric identifier for the aircraft the FAA is using this code to identify the aircraft for air traffic control operations. HDJT is also the ICAO identifier for the light jet (likely).