Below are the Eclipse 550 specifications and dimensions. Almost all of the specifications are the same as the Total Eclipse version of the Eclipse 500. The only exceptions are with some of the new features of the Eclipse 550 that include auto throttles, anti-skid breaks, a radio altimeter and more. Most of the new features that the Eclipse 550 has are available as an upgrade for current Eclipse 500 jets.
Definitions for some of the abbreviations: ISA: International Standard Atmosphere, ft: Feet, M: meters & lb: pounds.
- Single Pilot certified.
- 6 seats max, including pilot. Currently equipped with 5 seats from the factory, unknown if 6th seat is available.
- Aircraft certified in the United States under: 14 CFR Part 23
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) capable
- Eclipse 550 aircraft have an aircraft life limit of 10,000 hours, 10,000 cycles, or 10 years. Aircraft life may be extended to 20,000 hours or 20,000 cycles if the aircraft is maintained in accordance with Eclipse FAA approved Service Bulletin SB 500-04-006.
- Anti-Skid Brakes – Allows the stop the Eclipse 550 in 700 feet during landing, in many cases.
- Approved for Flight into known Icing
Avionics: AVIO IFMS (Developed by Innovative Solutions and Support)
- Dual IFMS Two Integrated Flight Management System units (avionics units)
- High Resolution Displays and faster microprocessors (11 processors) when compared to previous Eclipse 500 jets.
- Class 3 Electronic Charts
- XM Satellite Weather
- Dual WASS / SBAS Beta-3 GPS receivers.
- ADS-B Out (Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast)
- Software Composite Mode
- Standby Display Unit
- Integrated Autopilot, Coupled Guidance
Optional Avionic Equipment:
- Auto Throttles
- Terrain Avoidance Warning System (TAWS)
- Traffic Alerting System (TAS)
- Synthetic Vision on Displays
- Enhanced Vision
- Color Radar
- Radar Altimeter
- ADF (Automatic Direction Finder)
- DME (Distance Measuring Equipment)
- Skywatch – Traffic alert system
- Iridium Satellite Phone
- Part 135 Package - required items for Federal Aviation Administration part 135 operations. Includes a 3rd Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS), additional oxygen mask for the co-pilot side and an improved 40 cubic foot oxygen bottle.
Cabin Pressurization Details:
- Cabin altitude is at sea level up to 21,500 feet or 6,533 meters.
- Cabin altitude is at 8,000 feet when flying at 41,000 feet.
Eclipse 550 Takeoff Distance: 2,345 Feet, 715 Meters (to 50 ft sea level, ISA to 50 ft (15 M) at maximum gross takeoff weight (MGTOW)).
Eclipse 550 Landing distance: 2,250 feet or 686 Meters (sea level, ISA at 4,600 pounds (2,087 Kilograms) for landing weight) Anti-skid brakes allow the Eclipse 550 to stop at 700 feet.
Eclipse 550 Rate of climb:
- Two engines: 3,424 feet per minute or 1,044 meters per minute
- One engine: 989 feet per minute or 301 meters per minute
- Time to climb to 35,000 ft (10,688 meters): 22 minutes
Takeoff distance: 3,881 feet 1,183 Meters at 5,000 feet with ISA +15˚C.
Single engine takeoff climb 705 feet per minute or 125 meters per Minute at 5,000 feet at ISA + 15˚C.
Eclipse 550 maximum cruise speed: 370 Knots or 685 Kilometers per Hour
Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 feet or 12,497 Meters
Single engine service ceiling: 25,000 feet or 7,620 Meters
Eclipse 550 Speeds:
- Vso 69 Knots (KEAS - knots equivalent airspeed) or 128 Kilometers an Hour. (Stall speed in landing configuration.)
- Vmo maximum operating speed: 285 Knots - KEAS or 528 Kilometers per hour
- Max Cruse Speed: 375 Knots
- Mmo maximum operating speed : 0.64 Mach
- Vfe Maximum Flap Extended Speed: 200 KEAS (Flaps for takeoff)
- Vfe Maximum Flap Extended Speed 140 KEAS (Flaps for landing)
- Vlo Maximum Landing Gear Operating Speed: 200 KEAS
- Vle Maximum Landing Gear Extended Speed: 285 KEAS
- Maximum Tire Ground Speed: 139 Knots
- Minimum Airspeed in Icing Conditions: 165 KEAS
- Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW610F-A Turbofan Engines
- More on the details and specifications on engine can be found on the Eclipse 550 Engine PW610F-A page.
- 1,125 Nautical Miles 2,084 Kilometers (Max NBAA IFR 100 nautical mile alternate, 4 occupants, 200 pound pilot and three 170 pound passengers.).
- 1,300 Nautical Miles 2,408 Kilometers (Max IFR 45-minute reserve, 4 occupants, 200 pound pilot and three 170 pound passengers.)
Eclipse 550 Dimensions
- Eclipse 550 Length: 33.5 feet or 10.2 meters
- Eclipse 550 Wingspan: 37.9 feet or 11.6 meters
- Eclipse 550 Height: 11 feet or 3.4 meters
Eclipse 550 Interior Dimensions:
- Eclipse 550 Interior Length: 148 Inches or 367 Centimeters
- Eclipse 550 Interior Height (max): 50 inches or 127 Centimeters
- Eclipse 550 Interior Width (max): 56 inches or 142 centimeters
Eclipse 550 Weights:
- Eclipse 550 Maximum ramp weight: 6,034 lb or 2,737 kg
- Eclipse 550 maximum takeoff: 6,000 lb or 2,722 kg
- Eclipse 550 maximum landing: 5,600 lb or 2,540 kg
- Empty: 3,634 lb or 1,648 kg
- Eclipse 550 useful load: 2,400 lb or 1,089 kg
- Maximum Compartments Weights: 260 pounds; 1 compartment, moment arm 217.92 inches aft of datum
- Baggage Compartment floor loading is 100 lb/ft
- Cabin floor loading is 80 lb/ft
Eclipse 550 fuel capacity: 1,698 lb, 250.9 gallons (US), 770 kg or 950 liters (Usable Fuel)
254.4 gallons (US) total fuel capacity (3.5 gallons unusable)
Fuel Type: Jet A and Jet A-1 per ASTM D 1655; JP-8 per MIL-T-83133
Oil Capacity: 6.088 quarts (USQ) total per engine. 0.832 quarts (USQ) usable per engine.