As the only very light jet on the market, the Eclipse 550 has good performance for a business jet aircraft. The Eclipse 550's best area of performance is it's fuel consumption. The Eclipse 550 has the lowest fuel consumption of any business / private jet available on the market. It burns 48-59 gallons per hour, depending on flight conditions. Below is the information the Eclipse 550's performance.
Eclipse 550 Takeoff Distance: 2,345 Feet, 715 Meters (to 50 ft sea level, ISA to 50 ft (15 M) at maximum gross takeoff weight (MGTOW)).
Eclipse 550 Landing distance: 2,250 feet or 686 Meters (sea level, ISA at 4,600 pounds (2,087 Kilograms) for landing weight). Eclipse 550s equipped with anti-skid brakes, allow the jet to stop at 700 feet.
Eclipse 550 Rate of climb:
- Two engines: 3,424 feet per minute or 1,044 meters per minute
- One engine: 989 feet per minute or 301 meters per minute
- Time to climb to 35,000 ft (10,688 meters): 22 minutes
- Takeoff distance: 3,881 feet 1,183 Meters at 5,000 feet with ISA +15˚C.
- Single engine takeoff climb 705 feet per minute or 125 meters per Minute at 5,000 feet at ISA + 15˚C.
- Eclipse 550 maximum cruise speed: 370 Knots or 685 Kilometers per Hour
- Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 feet or 12,497 Meters
- Single engine service ceiling: 25,000 feet or 7,620 Meters
Eclipse 550 Speeds:
- Vso: 69 Knots (KEAS - knots equivalent airspeed) or 128 Kilometers an Hour. (Stall speed in landing configuration.)
- Vmo maximum operating speed: 285 Knots - KEAS or 528 Kilometers per hour
- Mmo maximum operating speed : 0.64 Mach
- Vfe Maximum Flap Extended Speed: 200 KEAS (Flaps for takeoff)
- Vfe Maximum Flap Extended Speed 140 KEAS (Flaps for landing)
- Vlo Maximum Landing Gear Operating Speed: 200 KEAS
- Vle Maximum Landing Gear Extended Speed: 285 KEAS
- Maximum Tire Ground Speed: 139 Knots
- Minimum Airspeed in Icing Conditions: 165 KEAS
Range of the Eclipse 550 very light jet is 1,125 Nautical Miles or 1,300 Nautical Miles. For information on the range of the jet, visit the Eclipse 550 range page.