The Eclipse 550 jet was officially launched on October 10th in 2011 by Eclipse Aerospace. The jet is a replacement for the original Eclipse 500 and is built under the same type certificate (with a new production certificate) as the Eclipse 500. The jet is in the production phase and is being built by Eclipse. Eclipse did announce two different dates for the first delivery of the Eclipse 550. More information on this can be found on the main Eclipse 550 aircraft page. It was expected that the company would be able to deliver the jet by the end of 2013, however first delivery occured on March 12, 2014. Currently the only Eclipse 550 jets for sale would be for a delivery position for an Eclipse 550 or one of the first aircraft out of the factory. A new Eclipse 550 for sale pricing is currently, as of 1/9/2014, $2,895,000 United States Dollars (USD). More information on the pricing of the Eclipse 550 can be found on the price page for aircraft.
How to Purchase an Eclipse 550 Aircraft
If you are looking to purchase an Eclipse 550 jet you can order the aircraft directly from Eclipse Aerospace or find a position holder that has their position for sale. Depending on the market you could see a range of prices for the airplane.
If you have an Eclipse 550 aircraft delivery position or the aircraft for sale you can post it here at no cost. Contact our Aviation Resources team to learn more.
What an Eclipse 550 For Sale Has:
Below is information on some of the features that are standard or optional on the Eclipse 550 aircraft. Also visit our other Eclipse 550 pages to learn more about the features of the airplane.
- Dual IFMS – Two Integrated Flight Management System units (avionics units), providing greater redundancy. The newer AVIO IFMS avionics are standard on the jet.
- High Resolution Displays and faster microprocessors (11 processors) when compared to previous Eclipse 500 jets.
- Class 3 Electronic Charts
- XM Satellite Weather
- Dual WASS / SBAS Beta-3 GPS receivers.
- ADS-B Out (Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast, for the NextGen air traffic control system capable)
- Software Composite Mode – Changes the primary flight display to show critical data that is usually displayed on the MFD. Used in case of a power of MFD failure. The Eclipse 550 can be flown with only one operational primary flight display.
- Standby Display Unit – Moved from the multifunction display to a separate display located on the side.
- Integrated Autopilot, Coupled Guidance – autopilot is connected with the navigation system and can fly coupled approaches to 150 feet AGL (above ground level).
- Anti-Skid Brakes – Possible to stop the Eclipse 550 in 700 feet during landing.
- 3 years or 1,200 flight hours tip to tail warranty.
- Airframe warranty is 10 years or 5,000 flight hours.
- Engine warranty from Pratt & Whitney Canada is 3 years or 1,000 flight hours.
- Auto Throttles – aircraft can control it's own speed. Pilot can select an airspeed through the autopilot and the Eclipse 550 will adjust the throttles to maintain that speed.
- Terrain Aviodance Warning System (TAWS) – Visual and audio warnings for terrain and man-made obstacles.
- Traffic Alerting System (TAS)
- Synthetic Vision on Displays – gives a 3D graphical view of terrain on the PFD.
- Enhanced Vision – Infrared camera is mounted outside the Eclipse 550 and video is displayed in the cockpit on the MFD or on the PFD when in emergency mode. Provides greater visibility in low visibility conditions.
- Stormscope – Detects lightning
- Color Radar – Sweeping radar that can be pitched down and up. Information is displayed on the PFD.
- Radar Altimeter – measures distance between the jet and the terrain below.
- ADF (Automatic Direction Finder)
- DME (Distance Measuring Equipment)
- Skywatch – Traffic alert system
- Iridium Satellite Phone
- Part 135 Package – provides required items for Federal Aviation Administration part 135 operations. Includes a third Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS), additional oxygen mask for the co-pilot side and an improved 40 cubic foot oxygen bottle.
Above Photo by Jetrequest.com on Wikimedia Commons. Image of the "launch Eclipse 550". Photo (only) released under a Creative Commons license.
Also note that the Eclipse 550 for sale may be called the EA-50 for sale or the EA-500 for sale.