Eclipse 500 Specifications
Below are the specifications for the Eclipse 500 very light jet. Most of the specifications listed below only apply to jets that have the proper upgrades or are upgraded to "Total Eclipse status". These upgrades are listed in the Eclipse / Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved service bulletins.
Definitions for some of the abbreviations: ISA: International Standard Atmosphere, ft: Feet, m: meters & lb: pounds.
- Single Pilot certified.
- 6 seats max, including pilot.
- Aircraft certified in the United States under: 14 CFR Part 23
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) capable
- Eclipse 500 aircraft have an aircraft life limit of 10,000 hours, 10,000 cycles, or 10 years. Aircraft life may be extended to 20,000 hours or 20,000 cycles if the aircraft is maintained in accordance with Eclipse FAA approved Service Bulletin SB 500-04-006.
- AVIO IFMS for Eclipse 500s upgraded to Total Eclipse specifications (Developed by Innovative Solutions and Support)
- Other previous versions of the AVIO avionics or Avidyne avionics
Cabin Pressurization Details:
- Cabin altitude is at sea level up to 21,500 feet or 6,533 meters.
- Cabin altitude is at 8,000 feet when flying at 41,000 feet.
- Eclipse 500 Takeoff Distance: 2,345 Feet, 715 Meters (to 50 ft sea level, ISA to 50 ft (15 M) at maximum gross takeoff weight (MGTOW)).
- Eclipse 500 Landing distance: 2,250 feet or 686 Meters (sea level, ISA at 4,600 pounds (2,087 Kilograms) for landing weight)
Eclipse 500 Rate of climb:
- Two engines: 3,424 feet per minute or 1,044 meters per minute
- One engine: 989 feet per minute or 301 meters per minute
- Eclipse 500 Time to climb to 35,000 ft (10,688 meters): 22 minutes
- Eclipse 500 Takeoff distance: 3,881 feet or 1,183 Meters at 5,000 feet with ISA +15˚C.
- Eclipse 500 Single engine takeoff climb 705 feet per minute or 125 meters per Minute at 5,000 feet at ISA + 15˚C.
- Eclipse 500 max cruise speed: 375 Knots or 694.5 Kilometers per Hour
- Maximum operating altitude: 41,000 feet or 12,497 Meters
- Single engine service ceiling: 25,000 feet or 7,620 Meters
Eclipse 500 Speeds:
- Vso: 69 Knots (KEAS - knots equivalent airspeed) or 128 Kilometers an Hour. (Stall speed in landing configuration.)
- Vmo maximum operating speed: 285 Knots - KEAS or 528 Kilometers per hour
- Mmo maximum operating speed : 0.64 Mach
- Vfe Maximum Flap Extended Speed: 200 KEAS (Flaps for takeoff)
- Vfe: Maximum Flap Extended Speed 140 KEAS (Flaps for landing)
- Vlo: Maximum Landing Gear Operating Speed: 200 KEAS
- Vle: Maximum Landing Gear Extended Speed: 285 KEAS
- Maximum Tire Ground Speed: 139 Knots
- Minimum Airspeed in Icing Conditions: 165 KEAS
Flight into known Icing Approval:
- Aircraft serial numbers 000266 through 000267, serial numbers 550-0268 and up are approved for flight into known or forecast icing. Serial numbers 000001 through 000262, and 550-0263 through 550-0265 which incorporate Eclipse FAA approved Service Bulletin SB 500-99-005, are approved for flight into known or forecast icing.
- Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW610F-A Turbofan Engines
- More on the details and specifications on engine can be found on the Eclipse 500 Engine PW610F-A page.
- 1,125 Nautical Miles or 2,084 Kilometers (Max NBAA IFR 100 nautical mile alternate, 4 occupants, 200 pound pilot and three 170 pound passengers.).
- 1,300 Nautical Miles or 2,408 Kilometers (Max IFR 45-minute reserve, 4 occupants, 200 pound pilot and three 170 pound passengers.)
Eclipse 500 Specifications - Dimensions
- Eclipse 500 Length: 33.5 feet or 10.2 meters
- Eclipse 500 Wingspan: 37.9 feet or 11.6 meters
- Eclipse 500 Height: 11 feet or 3.4 meters
Eclipse 500 Interior Dimensions:
- Eclipse 500 Interior Length: 148 Inches or 367 Centimeters
- Eclipse 500 Interior Height (max): 50 inches or 127 Centimeters
- Eclipse 500 Interior Width (max): 56 inches or 142 centimeters
Eclipse 500 Weights:
- Eclipse 500 Maximum ramp weight: 6,034 lb or 2,737 kg
- Eclipse 500 maximum takeoff: 6,000 lb or 2,722 kg
- Eclipse 500 maximum landing: 5,600 lb or 2,540 kg
- Empty: 3,634 lb or 1,648 kg
- Eclipse 500 useful load: 2,400 lb or 1,089 kg
- Maximum Compartments Weights: 260 pounds; 1 compartment, moment arm 217.92 inches aft of datum
- Baggage Compartment floor loading is 100 lb/ft
- Cabin floor loading is 80 lb/ft
Eclipse 500 fuel capacity: 1,698 lb, 250.9 gallons (US), 770 kg or 950 liters (Usable Fuel)
254.4 gallons (US) total fuel capacity (3.5 gallons unusable)
Fuel Type: Jet A and Jet A-1 per ASTM D 1655; JP-8 per MIL-T-83133
Oil Capacity: 6.088 quarts (USQ) total per engine. 0.832 quarts (USQ) usable per engine
Data on The Eclipse 500 Jet specifications is from a variety of sources like the aircraft manufacturer's publications & data from aviation regulators like the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Also note that these Eclipse 500 specifications are also called the Eclipse EA500 specifications or the Eclipse EA50 specifications. This is due to the other names for the aircraft.
To learn more about the Eclipse 500 Jet follow the links below: