The Cessna Citation M2 is a light jet (business/private jet) that is built by the Cessna Aircraft Company. Our team has gathered the specifications from various resources, which includes infrormation from the aircraft's type certificate (FAA) and published information from Cessna and Textron Aviation. Detailed information on the overall specifications and dimensions for the Citation M2 can be found below.
General Cessna Citation M2 Specifications:
- The Citation M2 is certified as the Cessna 525 or C525, which is the Cessna Citation CJ1's model name. The Citation M2 is a continuation of the CJ1 program.
- Aircraft serial numbers 525-800 and up are Cessna Citation M2 jets.
- Certified to be flown with one pilot.
- Minimum Flight Crew: One pilot (in the left pilot seat) plus additional equipment as specified in the Kinds of Operations Equipment List (KOEL) contained in the Limitations Section of the FAA Approved Airplane Flight Manual (AFM) or One pilot and one copilot.
- Number of Seats: 8 maximum. 8 passengers max, with 2 pilots and 6 passengers.
- Maximum Operating Altitude / Service Ceiling: 41,000 feet (FL410).
- Certified in the United States under 14 CFR Part 23 effective February 1, 1965, as amended by Amendments 23-1 through 23-and 23-40; except paragraphs applicable for Engines and FADECs.
Cessna Citation M2 Dimensions
External / Exterior Dimensions:
- Height: 13 feet 11 inches or 4.24 meters
- Citation M2 Length: 42 feet 7 inches or 12.98 meters
- Width: 47 feet 3 inches or 14.39 meters
- Wingspan: 47 feet or 14.33 meters (excluding lights at the tip of the wings)
- Wing Area: 240 square feet or 22.30 square meters
- Wing Sweep back: 0 degrees (at 35 percent chord)
Horizontal Tail Dimensions:
- Horizontal Tail Span: 18 feet 8 inches or 5.70 meters (from tip to tip)
- Horizontal Tail Area: 60.70 square feet (ft2) or 5.63 square meters (m2)
- Sweep back: 0 degrees (at 70 percent chord)
Citation M2 Vertical Tail Dimensions:
- Vertical Tail Height: 6 feet 5 inches or 1.96 meters
- Vertical Tail Area: 46.8 square feet or 4.35 square meters
- Sweep back: 49 degrees (at 25 percent chord)
Cessna Citation M2 Interior Dimensions:
Cabin Interior Dimensions:
- Interior / Cabin Height: 57 inches or 1.45 meters (maximum above center aisle)
- Cabin Width: 58 inches or 1.47 meters (trim to trim)
- Cabin Length: 15 feet 9 inches or 4.80 meters (forward pressure bulkhead to aft pressure bulkhead)
Cessna Citation M2 Landing Gear Dimensions
- Tread: 13 feet or 3.96 meters (main to main)
- Wheelbase: 15 feet 4 inches or 4.67 meters (nose to main)
Above Cessna Citation M2 Dimensions photo by Cessna. Modified by FlyRadius. Used under the fair use provision.
- 2 Williams International, LLC FJ44-1AP turbofans (Part number 72100-201)
- Engine Limits Static Thrust: 1,965 pounds of force (standard day at sea level)
- More information on the engines can be found our up coming engine page
Fuel Type: Jet A or Jet A1
Cessna Citation M2 Fuel Capacity (usable) (6.70 pounds/gallon)
- Total usable fuel: 3,296 pounds or 492 US gallons
- Two wing tanks have 1,648 pounds or 246 US gallons capacity of usable fuel.
Oil Capacity (usable): Tank on each engine: 3.4 quarts usable for each engine.
Cessna Citation M2 Specifications - Airspeed Limitations
KIAS: Knots indicated airspeed. KCAS: Knots calibrated airspeed.
- Vmo (maximum operating speed)
- Sea level to 30,500 feet (FL305): 263 KIAS (260 KCAS)
- Mmo above 30,500 feet: 0.71 Mach (0.70 Mach calibrated airspeed)
Va (maneuvering sea level)
- 10,700 pounds: 202 KIAS (201 KCAS) Aircraft flight manual has variation for altitude and height.
Vb (speed for max gust intensity): 217 KIAS (215 KCAS)
Vfe (Flaps Extended Speeds):
- 15 degrees (takeoff & approach): 200 KIAS (198 KCAS)
- 35 degrees (landing): 161 KIAS (160 KCAS)
- 60 degrees (ground flaps): Do not use while in flight. Only for ground use.
Vmca (Minimum control speed Air)
- Flaps 0 degrees: 86 KIAS (86 KCAS)
- Flaps 15 degrees: 77 KIAS (77 KCAS)
Vmcg (Minimum control speed Ground): 89 KIAS (92 KCAS)
Vlo (landing gear operating)
- Extending: 186 KIAS (185 KCAS)
- Retracting: 175 KIAS (172 KCAS)
Vle (Landing Gear Extended: 186 KIAS (183 KCAS)
Vsb (speed brakes extended): Any speed with or without flaps
Maximum autopilot operating speed
- Sea level to 30,500 feet: 263 KIAS (260 KCAS)
- Above 30,500 feet: 0.71 Mach (0.70 Mach calibrated)
Maximum tire ground speed: 165 knots
Cessna Citation M2 Specifications - Maximum Weights:
- Max Takeoff: 10,700 pounds or 4,853 kilograms
- Max Landing: 9,900 pounds or 4,491 kilograms
- Max Zero Fuel Weight: 8,400 pounds or 3,810 kilograms
- Max Ramp Weight: 10,800 pounds or 4,899 kilograms.
Cessna Citation M2 Weights:
- Standard Empty Weight: 6,746 pounds or 3,060 kilograms
- Cessna Citation M2 Useful Load: 4,009 pounds or 1,818 kilograms
Maximum Baggage Weight:
- Nose compartment: 400 pounds
- Tailcone: 325 pounds
Cessna Citation M2 Specifications - Airfield / Airport Performance:
- Takeoff Runway Length: 3,250 feet or 991 meters (Maximum Takeoff Weight, Sea Level, ISA and Balanced Field Length from Part 25, 15 degrees flaps).
- Landing Runway Length: 2,590 feet or 789 meters (Maximum Landing Weight, Sea Level and ISA from Part 25) .
- Climb Performance: 25 minutes to 41,000 feet or 12,497 meters (Maximum Takeoff Weight, Sea Level and ISA).
- Maximum Cruise Speed: 400 KTAS, 741 kilometers per hour or 460 miles per hour (+- 3 percent) (Mid-Cruise Weight, 31,000 ft (9,449 m) and ISA).
Range: 1,300 nautical miles, 2,408 kilometers or 1,496 miles (NBAA IFR Range with 100 nm alternate, Maximum Takeoff Weight, Full Fuel, Optimal Climb
and Descent and Maximum Cruise Thrust at 41,000 feet) (+- 4 percent)
Certified Noise Levels:
- Landing: 88.5 EPNdB
- Sideline: 85.2 EPNdB
- Takeoff: 73.5 EPNdB