Bombardier CRJ900 Range
Range for the Bombardier CRJ900 varies based on the model of the CRJ900 and if it is a NextGen Version. Below is the Bombardier CRJ900 Range for each model of the CRJ900. Also note that Bombardier has published varying CRJ900 Range numbers for the aircraft.
Original CRJ900 Range:
Based on Maximum Range at Long Range Cruise Speed (LRC), 220 pounds per passenger and FAA FAR 121 fuel reserves
- Bombardier CRJ900 Range: 1,350 nautical miles, 1,554 statute miles or 2,500 kilometers
- Bombardier CRJ900 ER Range: 1,593 nautical miles, 1,833 statute miles or 2,950 kilometers
- Bombardier CRJ900 LR Range: 1,828 nautical miles, 2,104 statute miles or 3,385 kilometers
These CRJ900 Range numbers come from the Bombardier Regional Family Handbook and are for the original CRJ900 jets.
CRJ900 NextGen Range:
Based on 88 passengers at 225 pounds each, Normal Cruise Speed of Mach 0.78 and IFR fuel reserves (FAA FAR 121).
- Bombardier CRJ900 NextGen: 1,048 nautical miles, 1,206 statute miles or 1,940 km
- Bombardier CRJ900 NextGen ER: 1,283 nautical miles, 1,477 statute miles or 2,376 km
- Bombardier CRJ900 NextGen LR: 1,515 nautical miles, 1,744 statute miles or 2,806 km
The above range numbers come from the November 2011 Bombardier CRJ900 Fact Sheet.
Bombardier has previously published other CRJ900 NextGen range numbers that are higher then the ones above. This seems the difference seems to be that the previous publications were using long range cruise speeds (LRC) and other weights in their calculations.
The Bombardier CRJ900 Range is also called the Bombardier CRJ9 Range, Bombardier CR9 Range, Bombardier CL-600-2D24 Range, Canadair CL-600-2D24 Range or the Canadair Regional Jet 900 Range. These are the other names for the CRJ900 Range.