Bombardier CRJ900 FMS - FMC
The Bombardier CRJ900 Flight Management System (FMS) or CRJ900 FMC (Flight Management Computer) is the Collins FMS-4200. The Collins FMS-4200 is found on all aircraft with the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 4 avionics suite. The Bombardier CRJ900 FMS is also found in the CRJ200 and CRJ700 jets because they use the same avionics suite. Many CRJ900s will have two FMS units mounted in between the two middle flight displays and the center console. The second FMS unit is optional, so some CRJ900 jets will only have one FMS.
Rockwell Collins has listed the following information on the FMS-4200:
- Information synchronization: The FMS-4200 CRJ900 FMS can synchronize, via data link, the remote loading of flight plans, wind information and en route wind updates.
- Eyes-forward scanning: All map and key text information appears on the Pro Line 4 primary displays.
- Vertical navigation options: These include full profile, multiple waypoint vertical navigation versions available for some aircraft types.
- True multi-sensor FMS navigation: Offers crucial backup when navigation satellite reception is degraded or unavailable.
- Predictive fuel and time performance management: Maximizes your efficiency.
- Performance Based Navigation-ready: The FMS-4200 is compatible with all ARINC 424-specified leg types, giving you access to new routes that reduce track distance, flight time and fuel consumption when compared with conventional procedures.
- RNAV RNP approach capable
- SBAS/WAAS LPV approach-capable versions available
- Multi-automation: Accommodates real-time air traffic instructions by automating lateral offsets, course intercepts, holding patterns and holding pattern entries.
- Scratchpad data entry: Enables rapid data entry and retrieval in a form already familiar to airline crews.
The Bombardier CRJ900 FMS - FMC is also called Bombardier CRJ9 FMS - FMC, Bombardier CR9 FMS - FMC, Bombardier CL-600-2D24 FMS - FMC, Canadair CL-600-2D24 FMS - FMC or the Canadair Regional Jet 900 FMS - FMC due to the various names for the CRJ900 jet.
Above Bombardier CRJ900 FMS - FMC photo by Vought.bolso on Wikimedia Commons. Photo (only) released under a Creative Commons License.