Bombardier CRJ700 Type Rating
The Bombardier CRJ700 type rating is designated as the CL-65 type rating by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other ICAO member nations. The CL-65 rating covers all Bombardier CRJ series aircraft. A differences course is all that is needed to become certified in a different CRJ series jet (excluding the CRJ1000). For example you obtained the CL-65 type rating by training with the CRJ700 and need to fly the CRJ900. The only requirement to fly the CRJ900 would be to complete a differences course.
The FAA Flight Standardization Board's report on the requirements for the CRJ700 type rating course lists the following areas of emphasis:
"Areas of Emphasis - The FSB has identified several airplane systems and/or procedures that should receive special emphasis in an approved... [Bombardier CRJ700 type rating] training program.
18.104.22.168. During systems integration training:
- Flight Control Panel (FCP)
- Flight Mode Annunciator (FMA)
- Flight Management System (FMS)
- Engine (or thrust) Mode Annunciator
- Full Authority Engine Digital Control (FADEC) (if applicable)
During flight training (Full Flight Simulator or Airplane):
- Aileron PCU Runaway
- Dual Hydraulic System Malfunctions (System 1 or 2 and 3)
- Air Driven Generator (ADG) Deployment
- Dutch Roll (with yaw-dampers operative and inoperative)
- High Altitude / Slow Speed
- 10,000 feet / Landing Configuration
- ILS Approach on Standby Instruments
- Landing with Ground Lift Dumpers (GLD) not deployed.
- Balked landing/low energy go-around
- Effects of wing leading edge contamination
- Inadvertent Thrust Reverser Deployment
- Airplane emergency equipment use, especially PBE
- Hazardous weather and winter operations
- PFD, MFD, EICAS reversionary modes
- GPS (If applicable)
- HGS (If applicable)
Bombardier CRJ700 Type Rating Course Providers
Those looking for a Bombardier CRJ700 Type Rating have many different places to obtain the type rating. The main place to check is directly with Bombardier. Bombardier Aircraft Training provides complete training services for all Bombardier aircraft, including the CRJ700 type rating course. The CRJ700 type rating course from Bombardier takes place at it's Montreal training facility. Bombardier has listed that the course for the CRJ700 type rating takes 20 days to complete.
There are also many other CRJ700 type rating providers. Companies like FlightSafety International and airlines that operate the CRJ700 offer the CRJ700 type rating course.
If your company offers a Bombardier CRJ700 Type Rating Course, contact our aviation resources team to learn how you can get your company listed on this page at no monetary cost.
Also note that the Bombardier CRJ700 type rating is also referred to as the Canadair CRJ700 type rating, Canadair Regional Jet 700 type rating and the CL-600-2C10 type rating.