Bombardier CRJ200 FMS FMC
The Bombardier CRJ200 FMS (Flight Management System) or CRJ200 FMC (Flight Management Computer) is the Collins FMS-4200 unit. Bombardier CRJ200s are equipped with one or two of the CRJ200 FMS units. The Bombardier CRJ200 FMS units are mounted in the center console near the main panel of the avionics displays. The Collins FMS-4200 is integrated with the Collins Pro Line 4 avionics suite and is usually only available to aircraft with the Collins Pro Line 4 suite.
With the latest software upgrades the CRJ200 FMS unit can fly performance based navigation routes and be RNP capable. The Collins FMS-4200 has SBAS/WAAS Localizer Performance with Vertical LPV approaches and radius-to-fix legs on RNAV RNP terminal procedures.
- The Bombardier CRJ200 FMS can synchronize, via data link, the remote loading of flight plans, wind information and en route wind updates.
- All map and key text information appears on the Pro Line 4 primary displays.
- Vertical navigation options: These include full profile, multiple waypoint vertical navigation versions available for some aircraft types.
- True multi-sensor FMS navigation offers crucial backup when navigation satellite reception is degraded or unavailable.
- Predictive fuel and time performance management with the CRJ200 FMC
- Performance Based Navigation-ready: The Collins FMS-4200 is compatible with all ARINC 424-specified leg types, giving you access to new routes that reduce track distance, flight time and fuel consumption when compared with conventional procedures.
- RNAV RNP approach capable
- SBAS/WAAS LPV approach-capable versions available
- Multi-automation: Accommodates real-time air traffic instructions by automating lateral offsets, course intercepts, holding patterns and holding pattern entries.
- Scratchpad data entry: Enables rapid data entry and retrieval in a form already familiar to airline crews.
Above Bombardier CRJ200 FMS FMC Page photo modified by Sun Airlines. Original Photo by egmTacahopeful on Flickr.
The Bombardier CRJ200 FMS FMC is also known as the Bombardier CRJ-200 FMS FMC, Bombardier CRJ 200 FMS FMC, Bombardier CL-65 FMS FMC, Canadair CRJ200 FMS FMC, CRJ200 aircraft FMS FMC and the Bombardier CL-600-2B19 FMS FMC.