Bombardier CRJ1000 Engine - GE CF34-8C5A1 CF34-8C5A2
The Bombardier CRJ1000 Engine is based on the General Electric CF34-8C5 series of engines. Two of the following engines are mounted in the tail section of the CRJ1000 regional jet. The CRJ1000 actually has 3 options for engines according to the CRJ1000's FAA type certificate and press releases from GE Aviation. The CRJ1000 Engines are the GE CF34-8C5, CF34-8C5A1 and the CF34-8C5A2 turbofan engines. Bombardier has been using the GE CF34-8C5A1 Engine as the examples in marketing materials. The only difference between the three engines is the normal takeoff thrust which greater on the -8C5A1 and even more greater on the -8C5A2. This difference is listed/marked below in the specifications. Also note that the CRJ900 Engines are also the CF34-8C5 and CF34-8C5A1 engines.
GE CF34-8C5, GE CF34-8C5A1 Specifications and GE CF34-8C5A2 Specifications:
- Maximum Takeoff (5 min): 14,510 lb
- Normal Takeoff (5 min): 13,360 lb, 13,630 lb (-8C5A1) or 14,050 lb (-8C5A2)
- Maximum Continuous: 13,680 lb
CRJ1000 Engine - GE CF34-8C5,A1 or A2 Dimensions:
- Length: 151.57 Inches
- Maximum Diameter: 60.66 Inches
- Weight: 2,780 pounds (With residual fuel and oil).
Center of Gravity Location:
- Engine Station: 173.9 Inches
- Butt Line: 99.78 Inches
- Water Line: 99.35 Inches
Fuel: GE Jet Fuel Specification No. D50TF2, current revision See GEK 105094 (CF34-8C1/8C5 models).
Maximum Engine Operating Speeds:
Low Pressure Rotor (N1):
- Maximum Takeoff: 7,360 RPM
- Normal Takeoff: 7,360 RPM
- Maximum Continuous: 7,360 RPM
High Pressure Rotor (N2):
- Maximum Takeoff: 17,710 RPM
- Normal Takeoff: 17,710 RPM
- Maximum Continuous: 17,470 RPM
Maximum Permissible Temperatures (Interturbine Temperature):
- Maximum Takeoff (5 min): 1,814 °F or 990 °C
- Maximum Takeoff (2 min out of a total of 5 minutes): 1,843 °F or 1,006 °C
- Normal Takeoff (5 min): 1,736 °F or 947 °C, 1,754 °F or 957 °C (-8C5A1), 1783 °F or 973 °C(-8C5A2)
- Normal Takeoff (2 min out of a total of 5 minutes): 1,765 °F or 963 °C, 1783 °F or 973 °C (-8C5A1), 1812 °F or 989 °C (-8C5A2)
- Maximum Continuous: 1,760 °F or 960 °C
The Bombardier CRJ1000 engine is also called the Bombardier CRJ1000 NextGen engine, Bombardier CL-600-2E25 engine, Canadair CL-600-2E25 engine, Bombardier CRJX engine, Bombardier CRK engine, Canadair Regional Jet 1000 engine or the Bombardier CRJ 1000 engine / CRJ-1000 engine (with a space or a dash) due to the various names for the regional jet aircraft.