Below are the Boeing 717-200 Specifications and Dimensions for the commercial jet aircraft. This data was compiled from various data sources. Also note that KCAS is knots calibrated airspeed, airspeed that corrected for instrument and position error.
- Certification: Approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on September 1st, 1999.
- Passengers: 106 passengers in a 2 class configuration (typical), 117 passengers in a one class configuration. Maximum Passengers: 134 passengers.
- Basic Gross Weight and High Gross Weight versions.
- Designed to fly 8 to 12 one hour flights a day.
- Certified to fly 75 minute Extended Range Operations with Two Engine Airplane (ETOPS) when operated with Boeing Report MDC04K9007 entitled, 717 Extended Range Operations Configuration, Maintenance, and Procedures.
- Minimum Crew: Pilot and Copilot (Captain and First Officer)
- Optional Built-in airstair under main door number one.
- Basic Gross Weight: 1,430 nautical miles or 2,645 kilometers
- High Gross Weight: 2,060 nautical miles or 3,815 kilometers
- Cruise Speed at 34,200 feet (FL342): 0.77 Mach or 504 Miles per Hour (MPH)
Airspeed Limits: See KCAS note at top
VMO (Maximum Operating Speed) VMO
- Sea Level: 340 KCAS
- 26,000 Feet: 340 KCAS
- 26,000 to 37,000 feet: 0.82 Mach
VA (Maneuvering Speed) VA
- Sea Level: 263 KCAS
- 26,000 Feet: 297 KCAS
- 31,000 Feet: 279 KCAS
- 35,000 Feet: 259 KCAS
VFE - Flaps Speeds VFE
- Flaps 0.1° to 10°: 280 KCAS
- Flaps 10.1° to 20°: 240 KCAS
- Flaps 20.1° to 25°: 220 KCAS
- Flaps 25.1° to 40°: 200 KCAS
V (Slat operation or Extended): 280 KCAS
VLO (Landing Gear Operation Speed) (VLO)
- Landing Gear Retraction: 250 KCAS
- Landing Gear Extention: 300 KCAS
VLE (Landing Gear Extended): 300 KCAS (VLE)
V (Landing Light Extention): 340 KCAS
Maximum Operating Altitude / Service Ceiling: 37,000 feet (Flight Level 370 / FL370)
Boeing 717-200 Specifications - Takeoff Distance:
Sea Level, 86°F and Maximum Takeoff Weight MTOW 106 passengers
- Takeoff Distance Basic Gross Weight Version (BGW): 5,500 feet or 1,675 meters
- Takeoff Distance High Gross Weight Version: 5,750 feet or 1,750 meters
Boeing 717 Specifications - Landing Distance or Landing Field Length:
(Maximum Landing Weight MLW 106 passengers)
- Landing Distance Basic Gross Weight: 4,650 feet or 1,415 meters
- Landing Distance High Gross Weight Version: 5,000 feet or 1,520 meters
Landing Approach Speed:
(Maximum Landing Weight)
- Basic Gross Weight: 132 Knots
- High Gross Weight: 139 Knots
- Max Ramp and Taxi Weight: 122,000 pounds or 55,338 kilograms
- Max Takeoff Weight: 121,000 pounds or 52,885 kilograms
- Zero Fuel Weight: 100,500 pounds or 45,586 kilograms (all weight above 100,500 lb must be in usable fuel).
- Max Landing Weight: 110,000 pounds or 49,895 kilograms
Cargo Capacity (With Passengers)
Basic Gross Weight
- Max Cargo on Lower Deck: 935 Cubic Feet or 26.5 Cubic Meters
- Forward Cargo Compartment: 646 cubic feet or 18.3 Cubic meters
- Aft Cargo Compartment: 289 Cubic Feet or 8.2 Cubic meters
High Gross Weight Version
- Max Cargo (lower deck): 730 cubic feet or 20.7 cubic meters
- Forward Cargo Compartment: 527 cubic feet or 14.9 Cubic meters
- Aft Cargo Compartment: 203 Cubic Feet or 5.7 Cubic meters
Fuel Type: Jet A
Fuel Capacity: (Fuel Density: 7.1 lbs/gallon)
Three Tank System
- Main Wing Tanks (Two Tanks): Total Capacity 19,687 pounds or 2,772.82 US gallons.
- Total Usable Fuel: 19,638 pounds or 2,765.92 US Gallons.
- Center Wing Tank: Total Capacity: 6,526 pounds or 919.15 US Gallons. Total Usable: 6,440 pounds or 907.04 US Gallons.
- Lines: Total: 108 pounds or 15.21 US Gallons. Total Usable: 36 pounds or 5.07 US Gallons.
- Engine: Total: 25 pounds or 3.52 US Gallons. Total Usable: 7 pounds or 0.986 US Gallons.
Total Fuel: Total Capacity: 26,346 pounds or 3,710.70 US Gallons. Total Usable: 26,121 pounds or 3,679.01 US Gallons. Boeing publications read: Total Usable: 3,673 US Gallons Basic Gross Weight Version or 4,403 US Gallons High Gross Weight Version. HGW version includes optional 460 & 270 gallon auxiliary fuel tanks.
Oil Capacity Specifications:
- Total Engine Oil (2 engines / per engine): 5.3 US Gallons
- Total Usable per Engine: 1.64 US Gallons.
- APU: Total Capacity: 0.8 US Gallons. Total Usable: 0.25 US Gallons
- IDG (sump only): 0.44 US Gallons. Total Usable: 0.44 US Gallons.
Exhaust Gas Temperatures (EGT) Specifications
- Maximum For all Operations (includes starting and transients): 100% on EGT display
- Maximum rated for continuous operation (1345 F, standard day at sea level): 100% on EGT display.
Engines: 2 Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd & Co KG BR700-715A1-30 or BR700-715C1-30 engines
- Takeoff (5 minutes) 18,920 pounds (static thrust at sea level, flat-rated to 86°F)
- Takeoff Engine Inoperative (10 minutes): 18,920 pounds (static thrust at sea level, flat-rated to 86°F)
- Maximum Continuous: 18,700 pounds (static thrust at sea level)
- Takeoff (5 minutes) 21,430 pounds (static thrust at sea level, flat-rated to 86°F)
- Takeoff Engine Inoperative (10 minutes): 21,430 pounds (static thrust at sea level, flat-rated to 86°F)
- Maximum Continuous: 20,420 pounds (static thrust at sea level)
Maximum Engine Operating Speeds Permissible
- N1 (Low pressure rotor) Takeoff: 6,096 revolutions per minute (RPM) 100%
- N2 (high pressure rotor) Takeoff: 16,661 RPM 100%
Maximum Indicated Engine Exhaust Gas Temperatures Permissible
- Takeoff (5 minutes or 10 minutes for inoperative engine): 900°C
- Maximum Continuous: 850°C
- Starting on Ground: 700°C
- Starting in Flight: 850°C
Auxiliary Power Unit (APU): Pratt & Whitney AeroPower APS 2100 formerly the Auxiliary Power International Corporation (APIC) APS 2100
Boeing 717-200 Dimensions
- Overall Length: 124 ft (37.81 m)
- Wing Span: 93 ft 3 in (28.45 m)
- Tail Height: 29 ft 1 in (8.92 m)
- Width 11 ft or 3.4 meters
- Noise to Tailcone: 112 feet 8 inches
- Main Landing Gear Span: 16 feet
- Engine Diameter: 6 feet 4 inches (1.9 M) approximate.
- Ground to Fuselage Height: 14 feet 10 inches Minimum 15 feet 7 inches maximum.
Cabin / Interior Dimensions:
- Cabin / Interior Width: 120.1 to 122.5 inches (approximate)
- Cabin / Interior Height: 83 inches +- approximate. Data not published, based on our estimates, center aisle.
- Main Entry Door (front right): 34 by 72 inches
- Service Door (front left): 27 by 28 inches
- Emergency Exits (over wing): 20 by 36 inches
- Aft Entry Door (Tail Cone Emergency Exit): 27.75 by 72 inches
Cargo Doors Dimensions:
- Forward Cargo Door: 53 by 50 inches
- Aft (rear) cargo door: 36 by 50 inches
Other Names for the Boeing 717-200 Specifications & Dimensions
The Boeing 717-200 has a few different names that it is called by. The following is a list of them:
- Boeing B712 Specifications & Dimensions: B712 is the ICAO code for the airplane.
- Boeing 717 Specifications & Dimensions (with out the -200): Many call the 717-200 just the 717, which is the main aircraft program the plane is in (the only plane in the 717 program). 717 is also the IATA code for the jet aircraft.