Embraer Phenom 300 Engine - PW535E
In 2005 Embraer selected Pratt & Whitney Canada to be the Embraer Phenom 300 Engine provider. Pratt & Whitney Canada is using it's PW500 series of engines to be the Embraer Phenom 300 Engine. The Embraer Phenom 300 engine is the Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E. The PW535E produces 3,360 pounds of thrust per engine, while being fuel efficient. This is better than the original anticipated thrust of 3,200 pounds that Pratt & Whitney Canada and Embraer were projecting. The Embraer Phenom 300 Engine PW535E's flat rating is ISA + 15. Overhaul time (TBO - Time Between Overhaul) is 5,000 hours. The PW535E is Dual FADEC controlled giving redundancy and automated control of the Embraer Phenom 300 engine. Two PW535E engines are mounted on the rear of the Embraer Phenom 300 light jet.
Embraer Phenom 300 Engine - PW535E Overview:
- PW535E Thrust/Phenom 300 Engine Thrust: 3,360
- Time Between Overhaul - TBO: 5,000 hours
- PW535E Certification: November 4, 2009 (Embraer Phenom 300 Engine Certification) from Transport Canada.
Above Embraer Phenom 300 Engine Photos - Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E from Embraer and Pratt & Whitney Canada. Copyright Embraer and Pratt & Whitney Canada.
Below is information from Pratt & Whitney Canada on the PW535E engine (Embraer Phenom 300 Engine):
- Wide chord, robust and efficient design
- Resistant to FOD (Foreign Object Damage)
PW535E Three-stage high pressure compressor:
- Two-stage axial, single centrifugal – all IBR (Integrally Bladed Rotors)
- Integrally bladed rotors reduce parts count
- PW535 and PW545 Series add axial boost stage driven by fan
PW535E Reverse-flow combustor:
- Low emissions, high durability
PW535E Single-stage High Pressure Turbine:
- High efficiency for low fuel consumption
- Advanced materials and cooling technology for long hot-end life
PW535E Two-stage low pressure turbine:
- Free turbine, shrouded blades
- High efficiency mixer for high performance and low noise
- Based on P&WC proven designs
PW535E Electronic control (EEC) with hydromechanical backup:
- FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control)
- Dual channel redundancy
- Ease of operation, reduced workload
- Intelligent health monitoring and diagnostics
- Designed for efficient integration with aircraft electronics
For reference: The Embraer Phenom 300 Engine is also known as the E55P Engine, Embraer 300 Engine, Phenom 300 Engine, EMB-505 Engine, Embraer 300 Phenom Engine, Phenom Jet Engine, Phenom 300 Jet Engine, Embraer Phenom 300 light jet Engine, Embraer Phenom 300 airplane Engine, Embraer Phenom 300 aircraft Engine and the Embraer Phenom 300 Business Jet Engine.